Missing elements in the collection view on iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.4

We implemented a customized keyboard long ago, and it has worked well. But after iOS 16.4 is released, we received feedback that claims "4, 7 and the decimal point (.) are missing". After some testing, we confirmed this issue only happens to iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.4 or iOS 16.4.1.

The number of subviews in the collection view is 11 (9 cells + 2 scroll indicators), not 14 which is expected. And the width of each cell is 1/3 of the screen width. So this is NOT because we didn't configure UICollectionViewLayout correctly.

Moreover, if we decrease the width of cells, the keyboard will look normal.

Does Apple realize this?

Replies

Hi, we're certainly not aware of any such issues currently. If you could file a report via the Feedback Assistant with a sample app, I'd be happy to take a look at what is going on, as this seems pretty serious!

• Thank you for reaching out. I have reported this to Feedback Assistant FB12127114 (Missing elements in the collection view on iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.4). Could you advise how long it will take to fix a problem like this? We might need to submit a new version if it will take a long time.

• We're missing the sample project to reproduce the issue in the Feedback, unfortunately.

• Hi, I've added the sample project that can reproduce the issue to FB12127114. It contains a very simple collection view with cells the width is 1/3 of the collection view. I noticed the issue only occurs when it's 1/3.

Add a Comment

i have same problem with my app, some of the photos in collection view is missing, by debugging i saw that somehow index gets skipped iOS 16.4.1 iPhone 13 PRO

• Hi, thanks for that information. We don't have many test devices. So far we identified this issue on iPhone 14 Pro Max (tested) and iPhone 14 Pro (user reported). Is it possible for you to share all the device models with this issue?

Add a Comment

meet same problem in my app CollectionView miss some cell in iOS 16.4.1 iPhone 14 Pro Max

will this issue be fixed in next iOS update? Please hire more QA, such bugs are not acceptable.

Add a Comment

Thank you for submitting feedback with a sample project. I can confirm that this indeed is a bug and we are looking to resolve the issue. As a workaround in the meantime, you can adjust the item width in your collection view layout to be (x - 0.001).

• Hi, just wondering is there any updates in terms of timeline for this fix? thanks

• Hi, this issue has been identified for days, but it's still affecting many users. Since over a dozen of apps needs to be updated, we will be very grateful if a rough timeline for this fix can be provided. Thank you.

• what's the status on this so far?

Have anyone tested this on latest iOS 16.5 betas?

I had the same problem in iPhone 14 plus, in my case, the missing cells were out of the screen the fourth element was to the left of the third element and out of the screen. Only a small portion of it was visible. I was using the device width to calculate the width of single cells in my case deviceWidth divided by 3 when I changed it to deviceWidth - 1 divided by 3 the problem was solved.