How do you encrypt an AppleArchive with a "human" password?

In WWDC21 session 10233: Bring Encrypted Archives and Performance Improvements to Your App with Accelerate, there is an example of encrypting a directory using the AppleArchive framework. There is also accompanying sample code.

However, that sample code uses a SymmetricKey and the hkdf_sha256_aesctr_hmac__symmetric__none profile. The key is set by calling context.setSymmetricKey(encryptionKey).

How can you perform the same operation of encrypting a directory using AppleArchive but with a "human" password? (i.e.: A password provided by the user from a prompt?)

Simply changing the profile to hkdf_sha256_aesctr_hmac__scrypt__none and then calling `context.setPassword("MyPassword") producing the following output "Error setting password (invalidValue)."

I also tried using the command line aea application, but received the output Password is too short.

Prompt:

> aea encrypt -v -password-value "password" -profile 5 -i MyDirectory -o MyDirectory.aea

Operation: encrypt
  input: FOO
  output: FOO.aea
  profile: hkdf_sha256_aesctr_hmac__scrypt__none
  worker threads: 10
  auth data (raw): 0 B
  compression: lzfse 1 MB
Error 0xb9075800
Password is too short
Main key derivation failed (-2)
Main key derivation
Invalid encryption parameters

Finally, in the file AEAContext.h, there is a comment associated with the method AEAContextSetPassword() that states:

Set context password

Stores a copy of password in context. Required to
encrypt / decrypt a stream when encryption mode is SCRYPT.

An internal size range is enforced for the password.
The caller is expected to enforce password strength policies.

@param context target object
@param password password (raw data)
@param password_size password size (bytes)

@return 0 on success, a negative error code on failure

I cannot find any other documentation that states what the password policy. And if there is a password policy for AppleEncryptedArchives, does that mean AEA is not a good fit for encrypting personal directories where the user just wants to use "any old password", regardless of the password's strength?