Dark Sky

I just found out that support for the Dark Sky API is supposed to end today. Does this mean that my widgets that utilise the legacy Dark Sky API will STOP working, or are they going to continue to work, albeit with no support from Apple?

If they stop working, what do I need to do in order to make my widgets operational again?

It was first noted almost 2 years ago that the Dark Sky API would stop on March 31, 2023. You will need to switch to WeatherKit to keep your weather apps working.

Thank you. I have no idea how to switch to WeatherKit. Any help would be appreciated.

The Get started with WeatherKit page includes a section on transitioning from Dark Sky to WeatherKit.

Yes, Darksky API shuts down today. The transition took us some time (you have to learn JWT generation if you haven't/there's some contract changes/etc.). I would maybe hold off or make other plans until Apple gives more details on the 5xx errrors, There's been a troubling lack of communication from engineers as you can see elsewhere on the weatherkit forums. It caused a lot of issues for us during implementation because we were concerned we were doing something wrong, but it was an API outage.

Dark Sky

Q