Unified Logging and Configuration Profiles

The unified logging system on iOS can allegedly be configured by means of configuration profiles (as alluded to e.g. here), but documentation as to how to do that seems to be scarce.

I am especially interested in whether it is possible to create a profile that auto-expires after a predefined time period (as the one for use with Apple Pay available here does).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Replies

There is a bunch of info and links to resources about the system log in the Your Friend the System Log pinned post. It clarifies that only Apple can create logging configuration profiles for iOS and its child platforms.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks Quinn. Would it be possible then for someone other than Apple to create a profile (with a payload unrelated to logging) that auto-expires after installation?

Would it be possible then for someone other than Apple to create a profile … that auto-expires after installation?

I don’t know. Configuration profiles aren’t really my thing. That’s because they aren’t supported by DTS, but rather by Apple’s enterprise support folks.

There’s a Device Management tag you can use for configuration profile questions here on DevForums, but you might have better luck over in Apple Support Communities, run by Apple Support, and specifically the in Business and Education topic areas.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"