Apple Watch app NOT working on device

Hi, I've revised some apps that work on WatchOS via iOS. The WatchOS app works fine in the simulator, but when I try and run it on an actual watch, it either crashes immediately or shows a blank screen.

I've enabled developer's mode.

Is anyone else having issues?

Thanks, Dan Uff

Replies

Can you clarify what you mean by "apps that work on watchOS via iOS"? Do you mean a watchOS that depends on its iOS companion app being installed, or something else?

• The app needs the iPhone to work, not an independent app. Sorry for the confusion.

Add a Comment

No problem, thanks for clarifying. The dependence on the phone app shouldn't matter when running on device. What shows in the console when the app crashes?

• Also, as an experiment, what happens if you check the Runs Independently of iOS Companion App Installation box on your watch app? (You don't have to leave this on; just want to rule it out as a factor.)

• The console doesn't show anything, this is what's so puzzling. As for the runs independly check box, been there, done that and it acts the same.

• Right on. I know you said you have Developer Mode on, but can you confirm that on the Watch you see the switch on in Settings > Privacy & Security > Developer Mode > [switch is here]?