iOS simulator 14.x keyboard not displaying

just upgraded my entire environment for my app development, latest macOS now running Xcode 14. I deploy my app to simulator and on screens that have text input the keyboard popped up once - but then every time after that its stuck at the bottom of the screen so the only thing I can see is the very top of the keyboard that displays the up/down icons and the word Done on the far right. Its like its I need to swipe the keyboard up to get it into full view.

I restarted simulator and launched a device again, but the problem remains. I thought it was my app, but then on all other default apps that boot with the device no keyboard appears at all.

Replies

Heh...well...in Simulator I/O - I simply selected toggle software keyboard and it popped back up on the screen. On that simulator device it now seems to work just fine - must have been an odd glitch. I deployed my app to other simulator devices and the on-screen virtual keyboard came up everytime wihtout issue. Gonna mark this one as "glitchty mac-y" (again).