Catalyst launch into Full Screen mode

Need our app to launch in Full Screen mode. Have reviewed many years of prior solutions for this. All of them seem to be non-functional on modern Catalyst. There are some years where users suggest twiddling methods to use toggleFullScreen in Cocoa. That seems to no longer work in my tests? Then most recently Apple posts from last Summer announced a new key UILaunchToFullScreenByDefaultOnMac, but after reading lots of fine print it has a very strange scenario in which it does not work: Catalyst apps! So only unmodified iPad apps can use it! Very frustrating.

So anyway, I have spent many days since last Summer trying again and again to figure out how to launch in Full Screen Mode. I've even tried AppleScript, but as it turns out that doesn't work either as for some reason you need to constantly reset the privacy permissions.

Another feature from last Summer was in the 16.1 SDK, a new willConnectToSession attribute for allowsFullScreen. Unfortunately, that has no apparent effect. Allowing is different from engaging, and the "Enter Full Screen" menu item works fine so it was always allowed. The point is to launch in Full Screen all the time, or at least all the time when the user hasn't overridden something.

I feel like there are so many proposed solutions to this, so many people who must need this, that I am surely missing something. What is the correct way to launch in Full Screen for a full-fledged Catalyst app available on the Mac App Store (and thus subject to all relevant restrictions thereof)?