Issues in rendering DeviceActivityController

Hey y'all, I've been staring at this so long that I think I might be going insane.

So for Device activity , I can get the permissions to access, and I can even lock apps. But I can't get anything to print in the functions of my class with the override functions for DeviceActivityMonitor, and I can't get a rendering of a device manager - even when am just sending "0m" as a string from the TotalActivityReport's makeConfiguration function without touching the data given.

Can someone please lend me a hand? I have seen at least three other people asking about something like this here and stack overflow and there are no answers.

I have already included and am using app groups.

I have already filed a bug report with feedback assistant.

Thank you! I will try and update this in the morning.

Replies

Can you open a stackoverflow question or better explain your issue?

I can't get anything to print in the functions of my class with the override functions for DeviceActivityMonitor

How are you printing in those functions? If you are just using the print function in your extension, those messages will not appear in Xcode's console while you are running your app (this is because your extension is a different process than your app). In order to verify whether or not your extension is logging things, use OSLog and look for your extension's logging in the Console app on your Mac (rather than Xcode's built-in console).

I can't get a rendering of a device manager - even when am just sending "0m" as a string from the TotalActivityReport's makeConfiguration function without touching the data given.

Apologies, but I'm not sure I understand the issue. If you discover problems with the DeviceActivity report APIs, please file a bug report using Feedback Assistant and attach a sample app that reproduces the issue. Thanks in advance!