WidgetKit data is redacted

I'm trying to implement WidgetKit on my watchOS 9.1 app. When I'm editing the watch face, I see the widget looking as I would expect it to be. However, when I then go to the Home Screen, the data is redacted.

What's causing that to happen? I don't do anything luminance or security related in the widget's view:

struct AccessoryRectangularView: View {
  let tide: Tide

var body: some View {
    HStack {
      VStack(alignment: .leading) {
        Text("Height: \(tide.heightString())")
          .font(.headline)
          .widgetAccentable()
        Text("As of: \(tide.date, style: .time)")
          .font(.caption)
      }

tide.image()
    }
  }
}
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Gargoyle Down vote post of Gargoyle
1.2k views

Replies

From documentation:

Display a Placeholder Widget and Hide Sensitive Data
A placeholder view is a generic visual representation with no specific content. When WidgetKit renders your widget, it may need to render your content as a placeholder; for example, while you load data in the background. It generates the placeholder using the redacted(reason:) view modifier with reason set to placeholder. This setting automatically renders the widget’s views in a way appropriate for use as a placeholder. To opt out of rendering as a placeholder and control which of your widget’s views appear redacted to hide sensitive information, use the unredacted() view modifier in the redacted(reason:) callback.