AVURLAsset sometimes won't load values

Hi.

I do some audio editing in my app, so I load audio files in AVURLAssets and then use loadValuesAsynchronously in order to load their tracks and durations. However, sometimes, AVURLAsset will stop working completely, thus returning an error with the code "dta?" when trying to loadValuesAsynchronously.

I know that would mean corrupt audio normally, but they're the exact same unaltered audio files, so that can't be the issue. Not to mention that a device reboot will fix this issue right away. But that's obviously not a solution I can tell the users to use. Has anyone been encountering this?

Edit: Forgot to mention, as it might be relevant - I do use AVAssetExportSession after loading said assets' properties.

Replies

That does sound unexpected. If you can reproduce the problem, it would help us track it down if you were to file a report with a sysdiagnose and note the timestamp of an example failing asset loading call.

• Hi! Thanks for the reply and sorry it took so long, but I wasn't able to replicate until now. I've sent the sysdiagnose in this Feedback Report: FB11875703 (AVURLAsset sometimes won't load values)

Add a Comment