iOS 16.1 API for Matter ecosystem implementation

Hello everyone,

We are trying to manage matter devices within an iOS application.

What we want is managing a matter fabric shared with other applications (iOS, Android, linux, ...).

I read both 'Matter' and 'MatterSupport' documentations but neither framework seems to fit our needs.

In the 'MatterSupport' documentations there is mention of an application Matter ecosystem implementation. I first thought it referenced a fabric but the API only allows us to specify an ecosytemName (Whatever that means).

So my question is:

How can we add devices to our own fabric with an official API ? And if not, does anyone know if the feature will be available in the near future ?

Thank you in advance.

Replies

You can use Matter.framework to Commissioning. You will found example

• Hey, thx for your reply.

That's exactly what I decided to do. It took me some times to be able to build the chip sample but I was successfull. The API if not exaclty the same as the Matter framework but it is easy to adapt.

I can now successufuly commission a Matter wifi device using the Matter API but I a stuck on the control part. In the chiptool sample, it is possible to create a MTRBaseDevice from a controller and an ID but this init method is private in the official Matter API.

• Thank you. This is a pretty extensive "example". Does anybody know about a shorter Tutorial or Example. I'm interested in learning how to commission a Matter device via MatterSupport framework and also how to create/ maintain a custom Matter Fabric

• thx ,its a good begining

Add a Comment

Thank you for you reply.

I am currently working with the Matter framework. I succeed on a commissioning (delegate called without error) but I cannot 'connect' to the device after a reboot of the application. I build the ChipTools sample and unfortunatelly the API is bit different and some methods used seems to be private now.

I also tried the MatterSupport framework but I wasn't able to commission a single product...

Well, I am still trying to find a solution and any help is welcome.

Have you solved the problem? Can you share your approach?