Critical bugs (and regressions) remaining after release

Hello!

I've filed bugs/radar/feedback that are reproducible, with Xcode project attached, and videos. However, they haven't gotten attention (even across iOS releases). Maybe they aren't seen, so I'll try to more actively advertise them here.

Recent regression starting iOS 16.1 where FamilyActivityPicker will sometimes fail to properly expand and show all applications (makes it difficult for users to select applications or know what is going on): FB11737092

Outstanding bug that likely has been there since the start of Screen Time API being released to .individual. DeviceActivityReport has some odd "concurrency" issues where it shows data for the wrong reports. If one debugs DeviceActivityReportExtension with 2+ scenes, each scene can receive data from an unrelated scene. The debugger shows multiple calls to func makeConfiguration(representing data: DeviceActivityResults<DeviceActivityData> across many threads when you'd think only one call would be necessary. If one uses only a SINGLE scene, these issues do not occur. FB11725142

Thank you for the great API and I'm excited to keep developing with it :) I also know of other bugs that I can reproduce, so if there's interest in working more closely to polishing up all the bugs, I'm always happy to work with the Apple engineers!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of kgaidis Down vote post of kgaidis
1.3k views
  • Seeing exactly same issues on iOS 16.4.1

Add a Comment

Replies

Have you looked at the bug numbers ? So it is logical that they are prioritised.

Thank you for your diligent and thorough bug reporting, we really appreciate it! Both bugs are being investigated. Please continue to file feedback reports for any other issues you may have encountered.