XCode 14.1: Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project

Hello team, On Xcode 14.1, After building the project and when the simulator launches, it shows blank black screen. Here steps to reproduce:

1. build the project with fresh device. Try changing the language to French in device settings
  2. Device should launch in French language. Instead, it loads and goes blank (blank screen)
  3. Quit the simulator (XPC error is displayed) and rebuild the project using the same simulator device.
  4. Build succeeds and simulator launches, but has blank screen on simulator.
  5. Xcode is stuck at "Launching Application"

Is this a known issue? Has anyone experienced the same? How can I fix this? Stack (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74315983/xcode-stuck-on-launching-application) says its a bug, so posting here for recommendations

Same here Xcode 14.3 / Ventura 13.3.1 / MacBook Air 2020 M1

Same issue macOS 13.3.1, XCode 14.3

Also sometimes app takes much longer time at first launch

Same here. It's a world wide issue.

Can someone raise this in WWDC 2023?

I was having this problem using Xcode 14.2 on macOS Ventura. All the simulators crashed during the launch phase, they had runtime 16.2. I solved by downloading an older runtime, for example 16.0, with the latter the simulators work correctly.

Same here: Ventura 13.3.1 / Xcode 14.2 / MacBook Air 2020 M1

It started right after I upgraded to Ventura.

Xcode 14.3 (14E222b), MacOS 13.3.1 (22E261) and M2 Max still same issue 🤯

FINALLY!! I managed to fix the problem for me, and it works like a charm with MacBook Pro M1 Ventura with Xcode 14.3!!

Problem

the root problem is a compatibility issue with arm64 arch with your project pods causing the simulator to freeze,

I noticed that the problem occurred after upgrading to Ventura with Xcode 14, my project have at least 22 pods, I remember once my project didn't compile because of some libraries I have which caused my build to fail, the error was arm64 compatibility issue shown in the imports, i.e.

import Kingfisher <--- Could not build Objective-C module 'Kingfisher'

I did some research and a lot of solutions excluded arm64 arch from project settings, so I did that

Project -> Build Settings -> Exclude architectures

and pod settings in Podfile by this config:

config.build_settings["EXCLUDED_ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*]"] = "arm64"

the project was compiling correctly without any errors however after few runs the simulator freezes with black screen and Xcode stuck at "Launching Application" state

Solution:

I hope this works for you all as it's indeed worked for me:

• Remove Exclude architectures from your project settings and your pod settings (if any).
  • Do NOT run your Xcode with Rosetta
  • Make sure your pods supports arm64 arch and updated to the latest versions.

I've tried building and running my project couple of times and I've never faced the issue again plus it's a lot faster!

Any update on that fix? It is very annoying to have to restart the simulator every 2 builds

Valid on Xcode 14.3

Same Problem here, Xcode 14.3, after every launch i have to quit the simulator to launch the app again.

Same issue with xCode v14.3 in M1 Pro MBP

My issue solved and here is my steps:

• Removed Xcode(Which was downloaded from official developer web site)
  • Install the Xcode from AppStore.

That's it.

@silashayri this does not help.

I don't believe Apple's going to fix this.

Similar thing happening over here. Happens with any simulator whether ios 16 or 14, xcode 14.2, after I stop running my app to build again after a change, the screen goes black in the simulator and I have to close it in order to be able to attach the new build. This happens almost every time, but sometimes does not.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hello,every body,i find the right way to resolve this problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.upgrad your macOS version to 13.4.1 (22F82) 2.download xcode15 beta2

3.user xcode 15 build your project(must instal ios17 simulator) 4.have fun !

Same issue with xCode Version 14.3.1 in M1 Pro MBP

For me I resolve issue by go to /Users/datpham/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator and delete data in Caches folder. Then restart emulator and it works for me. Hop it help some one

Seem the issue not recognizing by Apple, still persist on Xcode 14.2 MacBook 14inch M2 Pro. Very frustrating

Xcode 15.0 (iOS 17) Fixed this issues 🎉

same issue with xcode 15 (ios 17)

simulator logs:

Invalid device state Domain: com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimError Code: 405 User Info: { DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2023-09-20 06:30:22 +0000"; IDERunOperationFailingWorker = IDELaunchiPhoneSimulatorLauncher; SimCallingSelector = "installApplication:withOptions:error:"; }

The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -308 - (ipc/mig) server died) Domain: NSMachErrorDomain Code: -308

Event Metadata: com.apple.dt.IDERunOperationWorkerFinished : { "device_model" = "iPhone15,4"; "device_osBuild" = "17.0 (21A328)"; "device_platform" = "com.apple.platform.iphonesimulator"; "dvt_coredevice_version" = "348.1"; "dvt_mobiledevice_version" = "1643.2.4"; "launchSession_schemeCommand" = Run; "launchSession_state" = 1; "launchSession_targetArch" = arm64; "operation_duration_ms" = 21567; "operation_errorCode" = 405; "operation_errorDomain" = "com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimError"; "operation_errorWorker" = IDELaunchiPhoneSimulatorLauncher; "operation_name" = IDERunOperationWorkerGroup; "param_debugger_attachToExtensions" = 0; "param_debugger_attachToXPC" = 1; "param_debugger_type" = 3; "param_destination_isProxy" = 0; "param_destination_platform" = "com.apple.platform.iphonesimulator"; "param_diag_MainThreadChecker_stopOnIssue" = 0; "param_diag_MallocStackLogging_enableDuringAttach" = 0; "param_diag_MallocStackLogging_enableForXPC" = 1; "param_diag_allowLocationSimulation" = 1; "param_diag_checker_tpc_enable" = 0; "param_diag_gpu_frameCapture_enable" = 0; "param_diag_gpu_shaderValidation_enable" = 0; "param_diag_gpu_validation_enable" = 0; "param_diag_memoryGraphOnResourceException" = 0; "param_diag_queueDebugging_enable" = 0; "param_diag_runtimeProfile_generate" = 0; "param_diag_sanitizer_asan_enable" = 0; "param_diag_sanitizer_tsan_enable" = 0; "param_diag_sanitizer_tsan_stopOnIssue" = 0; "param_diag_sanitizer_ubsan_stopOnIssue" = 0; "param_diag_showNonLocalizedStrings" = 0; "param_diag_viewDebugging_enabled" = 1; "param_diag_viewDebugging_insertDylibOnLaunch" = 1; "param_install_style" = 0; "param_launcher_UID" = 2; "param_launcher_allowDeviceSensorReplayData" = 0; "param_launcher_kind" = 0; "param_launcher_style" = 0; "param_launcher_substyle" = 0; "param_runnable_appExtensionHostRunMode" = 0; "param_runnable_productType" = "com.apple.product-type.application"; "param_structuredConsoleMode" = 1; "param_testing_launchedForTesting" = 0; "param_testing_suppressSimulatorApp" = 0; "param_testing_usingCLI" = 0; "sdk_canonicalName" = "iphonesimulator17.0"; "sdk_osVersion" = "17.0"; "sdk_variant" = iphonesimulator; }

System Information

macOS Version 13.5.2 (Build 22G91) Xcode 15.0 (22265) (Build 15A240d) Timestamp: 2023-09-20T11:30:22+05:00

macOS 14 , Xcode 15 still has the same issue. That make me crazy. Now I can only develop on iOS device.

APPLE APPLE APPLE KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK As of today Oct 13 Horror Friday - On Apple Silicon M2 Pro This issue is still there Simulator Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project My Xcode version 14.3.1 MacOS Ventura 13.0

Please help ...

Anyone found solution ??

We believe that the primary issue causing this behavior is addressed in Xcode 15.0.1. Please update to Xcode 15.0.1 and see if that addresses the issue for you. If it doesn't, please file a bug report with Feedback Assistant including:

1 - sysdiagnose captured while in the state. 2 - xcrun simctl diagnose captured while in the state

@jeremyhu Xcode 15.0.1 does not fix the issue to me, I can reproduce it quite consistently. But I also don't see any mentions of this in the official release notes? https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-15_0_1-release-notes

Are you sure that's the version it's supposed to fix this issue? 🤔

XCode 14.1: Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project

Q