Disappearing AppIntents

My AppIntents were showing in the Shortcuts app. Now they don't. If I try to create a shortcut my app doesn't show in the list of apps that have shortcuts.

I have no compile or linking errors. I'm using Xcode 14.1.

My app is UIKit based though it has lots of SwiftUI.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi. Have you figured this out? The same thing happened to me, and it is driving me nuts.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi. Did you figure this out? I’m having the same problem and it’s driving me nuts. Thanks.

I just had the same thing coming here looking for an answer.

Eventually looked in the build logs and in the Extract app intents metadata (which had a green checkmark) I found this

Starting appintentsmetadataprocessor export
warning: At least one halting error produced during export. No AppIntents metadata have been exported and this target is not usable with AppIntents until errors are resolved.
warning: 'typeDisplayRepresentation' must directly instantiate a 'TypeDisplayRepresentation'

For me this was something like

static var typeDisplayRepresentation: TypeDisplayRepresentation {
    TypeDisplayRepresentation(stringLiteral: "")
}

That used to work in some previous version of Xcode, updating it to

static var typeDisplayRepresentation: TypeDisplayRepresentation {
    ""
}

fixed it here, but might be good to check that log.

• This should be the accepted answer! Looking into the build logs (View > Navigators > Reports) helped a lot. For me it was an issue with the caseDisplayRepresentations that didn’t include all cases. Even after including all cases I still had to change from DisplayRepresentation(stringLiteral: ) to DisplayRepresentation(title: ). Maybe that helps.

Add a Comment