The Xcode14.1 simulator switches languages and regions, resulting in the soaring memory consumption of SpringBoard

When switching between languages and regions in the Xcode14.1 simulator system (iOS 16.1) settings, the system crashes and gets stuck, resulting in a surge in SpringBoard memory usage.

Answered by quigab in 735065022

Install the previous simulator (15.5), it doesn't produce the issue.

Same here, only resetting the simulator helps to bring it back to life

Accepted Answer

Install the previous simulator (15.5), it doesn't produce the issue.

Same here, I can't change its language.

Same here, I can't change iOS system language or region

Reverting to iOS15.5 in the simulator does not help when trying to check the operation in iOS 16.0+. There are changes in 'Locale' that are deprecated in iOS16.0, and new features that are introduced in iOS 16.0. Being able to change the simulator's locale setting is required in these instances.

I have raised a feedback with Apple, and await their response.

Same issue here. On macOS 12 I can not change the language or region setting of a iOS 16.1 simulator. But on macOS 13 it works as expected. I would appreciate a solution a lot because one Mac I can not update to macOS 13 but the machine is still needed. Thank you.

Seems to be solved in Xcode 14.2 with iOS 16.2. Anyone else who can confirm the fixed issue?

The Xcode14.1 simulator switches languages and regions, resulting in the soaring memory consumption of SpringBoard

Q