Provisioning profile failed: Profile doesn't include the com.apple.developer.device-information.user-assigned-device-name entitlement.

Hello I request and got permission for capability for "User Assigned Device Name".

When I install App on my Device via Xcode, I can access real Device name.

But when I try to upload App, I get following error:

Someone face same issue?

Bests

P.

• I face the same issue, Are you able to fix the issue?

Add a Comment

Replies

My steps are not quite the same, but have the same outcome. We have the entitlement, it works and has been deployed on iOS. Unlike the multicast entitlement, this one randomly is getting applied on Catalyst as well. So we tried to include it there but then we run into essentially this where the Profile has the entitlement but uploading to App Store Connect fails. But in our case the issue is Catalyst specific. Feels like the App Store filters incorrectly are blocking the entitlement on Catalyst even though it is in fact required there.

• Thank you @cypher. I double check my App and it doesn't use "Mac Catalyst".

Maybe official @Apple Developer Support can help us?

Add a Comment

I'm facing the same issue: The entitlement is available in the provisioning profiles for development and ad-hoc distribution, but not for App Store distribution, despite it is listed under "Enabled Capabilities". See this thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/721772