Unable to install system extension

Hi, Apple community! I have a problem with updating app with system extension by installing new one from a .pkg.

I'm stoping application and extension with pkill 'App-prefix' and deleting container application with rm -fr, but that only helps me update container app, but extension relaunches with old version

Answered by DTS Engineer in 733827022

I'm stoping application and extension with pkill 'App-prefix' and deleting container application with rm -fr, but that only helps me update container app

This isn’t going to work. The only supported way to upgrade your sysex is to call System Extensions framework from the container app’s GUI. I recommend that you use your installer package to lay down a new copy of the container app and then guide the user to complete the upgrade using that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

I'm stoping application and extension with pkill 'App-prefix' and deleting container application with rm -fr, but that only helps me update container app

This isn’t going to work. The only supported way to upgrade your sysex is to call System Extensions framework from the container app’s GUI. I recommend that you use your installer package to lay down a new copy of the container app and then guide the user to complete the upgrade using that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Unable to install system extension

Q