App hanging in XCode simulator

My app suddenly won't run on the simulator. It still runs on my iPhone, but if I try to run it in the simulator it just freezes. The UI comes up but it's completely unresponsive and I can't tap anything. If I pause the project and look at the call stack I see a message saying "Application violated contract by causing UIApplicationMain() to return. This incident will be reported.". And in the console the last message I get is "void * _Nullable NSMapGet(NSMapTable * _Nonnull, const void * _Nullable): map table argument is NULL". Not sure if those are related but that's all I could find.

seeing the same message in debugger for mac catalyst app: Application violated contract by causing UIApplicationMain() to return. This incident will be reported.

any resolution on your side>

FYI i deleted the app container and re-launched and it worked (this is mac catalyst)

i suspect some mac window settings like position etc are stored in there and may have gotten trashed due to repeated launching & killing of the app when in the debugger

e.g. look for the directory

~/Library/Containers/yourappbundleid

get rid of it

make sure first there is no data you need in there :)

App hanging in XCode simulator

Q