iOS16 Widget Lock Screen show sensitive information even if .privacySensitive() is set

Anyone experience this?

I found out that calendar information on my widgets are displayed in both Today's widget view and in Lock Screen view even if .privacySensitive is set to true.

Then I notice the Apple's calendar widgets also display the event title.

Device: iPhone XR iOS16

• Try adjusting the visibility options for the same widget in the phone settings maybe under privacy and see of the code honors the logic.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

• This is likely a developer question, given they mentioned .privacySensitive.

Add a Comment

Can you give us some code and a screenshot so we can see what's happening?

I've been successfully hiding sensitive info on Lock Screen widgets in my app, so I'm curious as to why your's is not working.

Hello,

Sorry for such a late reply...

Attached image is Apple's calendar widget when iPhone is still in Lock state. (Swipe right) It shows everything. Every widgets (calendar, reminder, email) on my iphone show information even when the phone is still locked. This includes my app as well. So I guess the problem is not with my app.

However, since you said your iphone works correctly maybe it is a problem with my phone then. Thank you.

Well... I figured it out. In Settings>Face ID & Passcode. There is a toggle for "Lock Screen Widgets". This has to be turned off in order for widgets on lock screen and widgets in Today View to be redacted in Lock state. And once this toggle is turned off, .privacySensitive logic is working correctly. I have no idea when this was turned off. I don't think I turned it off but maybe I did.

Curious what is the default option for this toggle...