WeatherKit returning blank response

Some of my users are getting "blank" responses from WeatherKit's REST API. The server is returning a 200 response, but the data returned is just a "{}" string. This issue only affects specific users - when I try the same request myself, with the exact same location and query parameters, I get the data back just fine.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this?

Replies

Then the API limits have been exceeded.

The API limits definitely haven't been exceeded - I have subscribed for 2m calls per month and have used just 40k of them so far. And calls from other users are going through just fine.

Thank you for reporting this issue. Are the same users or requests for the same locations always getting the empty response, or is it random?

It seems to always be the same users, but I even tried having them go through a proxy server and they are still getting the error. Whenever I try the same request for the same location, though, it loads just fine. So I'm not really sure what's going on.

Here's one of their requests in case it helps: /v1/weather/en-US/42.047/-96.163?dataSets=currentWeather,forecastNextHour,forecastHourly,forecastDaily

And I submitted this as FB11577100 in case you need the ticket for internal tracking purposes.

I was just able to reproduce this using the following request: /v1/weather/en-US/41.925/-87.64?dataSets=currentWeather,forecastNextHour,forecastHourly,forecastDaily

Tried again a little later and it worked just fine.

And now I just got this myself at my home location.

• I added the NSHTTPURLResponse to my earlier feedback in case that's helpful (FB11577100).

Add a Comment