Xcode 14 fully rebuilding project each time

Each time I try to run or build project with Xcode 14 (any version up to 14.0.1) it builds like it is building after Clean Build Folder, even if I changed 1 line of code. For example, Xcode 13 building my project in 220 sec for the first time (after Clean Build Folder), and after that (changing 1 line) build time is 35-60 sec. In Xcode 14 every build takes 220-240 sec. Tried to change Optimization Level, Compilation Mode (it's Incremental) in build settings, but that doesn't matter. Where do I need to look to find the problem?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of pgc6240 Down vote post of pgc6240
2.3k views

Accepted Reply

[Possible solution] We've just tried SWIFT_USE_INTEGRATED_DRIVER=NO in all our targets and it massively brings down incremental compile times!!! Tried with Xcode 14.1 and Mac M1 Pro

• This actually works, thank you!

• Where/how to set SWIFT_USE_INTEGRATED_DRIVER ??

Add a Comment

Replies

Same thing. Definitely a regression. SPM projects have this issue even in Xcode 13.

Same thing! if you add a new line of code the whole project is recompiled. Always the same time (Xcode 14.1)

[Possible solution] We've just tried SWIFT_USE_INTEGRATED_DRIVER=NO in all our targets and it massively brings down incremental compile times!!! Tried with Xcode 14.1 and Mac M1 Pro

• This actually works, thank you!

• Where/how to set SWIFT_USE_INTEGRATED_DRIVER ??

Add a Comment

This isn't really a very useful solution. This change may bring down compile times but compile times are still atrociously slow. You change one line of one final class and it takes Xcode over a minute to recompile. That's criminal.