xcode14:Library not loaded: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib

Xcode13.4.1 is running properly, but after upgrading Xcode14, the debugging device reports an error: Library not loaded: / usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreGraphics dylib, I according to the online solutions are tried, can't solve my problem, problem is ios10.3.3 equipment, unable to debug, also is unable to start the application success after packaging, Is this a problem with xcode14 itself?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 733147022

The underlying issue creating these crashes on older OS versions is resolved in Xcode 14.1 RC, available today. For apps built using any version Xcode 14 prior to Xcode 14.1 RC, and experiencing a crash at any point in the app's lifecycle — during debugging or after release to your customers, you can resolve this crash by rebuilding your app with Xcode 14.1 RC, and if your app was released to customers who are then experiencing the crash, releasing an update built with Xcode 14.1 RC to the App Store. You can remove any prior workarounds used to mitigate the crashes.

If your app experienced this crash after uploading to the App Store using Xcode 13 with bitcode enabled, your app experienced the crash due to the App Store processing your app's bitcode with the latest available release of Xcode, which was Xcode 14. Once Xcode 14.1 is released, the App Store's processing of bitcode moves forward to Xcode 14.1 as the latest Xcode release, so your app with bitcode will no longer be affected. However, since bitcode is deprecated starting with Xcode 14, you can also leave the prior workaround in place, disabling bitcode for the app entirely.

If you continue to get any remaining crashes after updating your app per the above advice, please let us know through Feedback Assistant and by sharing the FB number here.

facing similar issue

Recently released the update of our app to appstore which is crashing in upgraded user device, fresh install is working fine. Latest build is from xcode14, older build was in xcode 13.. Frustrating crash happens only in app store not in testflight for the same build. Crash happens in application didfinish launching options as soon as the application is opened. Some one help what could be the cause please

Facing the same issue, any ideas or updates?

Same here. I compile a xcframework with Xcode 14.2 and depending on the device I run, it crashes or not...

Any updates please?

Yes please any update? Compiling a xcframework with Xcode 14.2 or 14.3 and it crashes depending on the device I run too. It's really not consistent and really annoying!

I have a similar issue with running Xcode 15 built app on iOS 16.6.1. The app runs fine on iOS 17.0.2, but crashes on launch on older version of iOS - did not have this issue with older versions of Xcode

dyld[26192]: Symbol not found: _$sSo24OS_dispatch_queue_serialC8DispatchE5label3qos10attributes20autoreleaseFrequency6targetABSS_AC0E3QoSVAbCE10AttributesVSo0a1_b1_C0CACE011AutoreleaseJ0OANSgtcfC
  Referenced from: <19E02EF7-C05C-3D62-88DC-AC4178A604FA> /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/DBC3A9EB-A8F8-4AA4-B72C-C4C59D7C2B4E/Bank Greenwood.app/Bank Greenwood
  Expected in:     <E0BB294E-B630-379B-AAC8-D5C0A83A55E6> /usr/lib/swift/libswiftDispatch.dylib

but crashes on launch on older version of iOS

Depending on how old the “older version” is, this might be the issue listed under FB13097713 in the Xcode 15 Release Notes. If it’s not, I recommend that you start a thread with more details, because this thread is about a specific Xcode 14 issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

This issue happening in Xcode16 beta1 when I run the app in iOS18 device

Facing the same issue with Xcode 16 Beta + iPad OS 17.4

xcode14:Library not loaded: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib

Q