IOS 16 UI Lag and Ghost Touch

Please is there any fix or workaround to this? After updating to iOS 16 these problems started to happen on my iPhone XR. I can't use the phone and need it ASAP!

It was working perfectly before the update.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Ccccaaa Down vote post of Ccccaaa
24k views
  • i have iphone x and since i have updated the phone to ios 16 and then ios 16.02 and i could not use the phone at all due to the problems in touch screen and the ghost touch that prohibited me to conduct any activity on the phone and even it sends emails and call people instead of me ! now i moved to an old iphone model with an old ios model till you get this problem fixed appreciate your prompt support

• What the heck Apple I literally have the same issue with everyone laggy ghost touches , it starts calling people randomly I have an iPhone 11 and it’s been with me just for 5 months when I update to 16.01 this is what happened!!!!

Add a Comment

Replies

Same thing happening to me

i got same problem in my iphone x

Workaround: Settings > Touch > Accessibility > Touch Accommodation (Turn on Touch Accommodation) > Scroll down and Select “Initial Touch Location” >> Scroll down >> Swipe Gestures (Turn on Swipe Gestures) >> Select “Standard”.

However, even by doing this, it still affects the multi finger function and unable to do activities that requires it. (MOBA/FPS games, Garage band, etc..)

• YOOOOOO THIS WORKED FOR ME

• I too tried this. But it doesn’t help much. I still have issue for iPhoneX. this started happening when I moved from ios16 to ios16.1 update. Ghost touch issue. My YouTube app screen zooms in automatically , video gets forwarded , another applications open without me touching once I unlock screen. It is very irritating. no news heard from Apple as well if any software fix been planned to release? Or no news about this critical bug as well.

Add a Comment

Hey, same problem over here had latest iOS 15. Was thinking why not update? It worked fine before the update IPhone Xr and had to try the new features. What ever

Tried to reboot it, even factory store, restart and let it have a rest and so on. But still the screen is delayed after touching feels like a ghost has taken over. Has a lot of storage left so it can’t be that’s it’s over used of space

None of the solution above worked Hopes Apple fix this bug regretting updating and have been getting support hopefully they maybe help me solve it.

Yeah me too, 3 days a go i updated to ios 16.0 but my phone got Ghost Touch and Lagging. That makes me spend so much time for restore

has anyone managed to solve?

i have iPhone XR max and it’s clicking things on its own after the update as well. It’s annoying especially when you’re watching YouTube and it spams the skip ahead button. Anyway apple this seems to be a problem with the iPhone XS series so please look into this and fix it

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Vas- Down vote reply of Vas-

Same problem

I am facing the same problem on my iphone Xs ever since the IOS 16 update. I even tried factory data reset but nothing seems to be working. Its barely usable. the way i was able to reset my phone by using two fingers at once for this ghost touch issue. Im just hoping that IOS 16.1 will fix the issue.

Still happening in 16.0.2, and now we can't roll back to iOS 15 because apple have decided to stop signing 15.6, so now I have a pretty stone in my pocket. Cheers, I hope you enjoy the support nightmare.

I updated the phone today my iPhone XR and the problem is still there is worst even with touch assist.

• Same problem on my iPhone Xs, it works normal in the morning when i first start using it and it later stops working properly. It ghost touches everywhere and if I’m doing something the only way to continue is if i turn it of and then back on again. Which helps for a mere 10 seconds until i need to do the same thing again. Yesterday it started calling and texting people randomly when im on WhatsApp or any other app that has those features.

• Exactly the same as on my iPhone XS. I don't know how to solve this anymore. I upgraded to 16.0.2, where I naively thought it would improve. Didn't help

• Same here with an iPhone XS. The newest update didn’t fix it sadly..

Add a Comment

I am facing the problems (gost touch and also upper part of screen touch isn’t working) on my iPhone 12 pro ever since the IOS 16 update. Its barely usable. 16.0.2 doesn’t help me either. Regretting that I updated 😞

After updating to IOS 16.0.2 my “app switcher bar” hardly works and sometimes the screen doesn’t work except assistive touch on my iphone XS

Same here, iPhone XS Max, aftermarket screen with iOS 16, restored to 15.7, scared update now.

My 12 pro max is almost useless. I practically have to dictate with a mic just to type anything on my phone. Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon. It takes twice as long to type or dictate a message, email or open/close app.