After iOS 15.6 update, app fails to load data

Hi All,

I am stumped. An app IO created a while ago works fine with WIFI but no longer will work with cellular data.

It has never had this problem, and all the cellular and data are on.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Blessings, --Mark

Accepted Reply

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply. To answer your question, I am using try await URLSession.shared.data(from: URL), but I discovered the API call is not the problem.

I have been testing when there is no network connection, and I discovered on my iPhone 12 with 15.6.1, at least, when I turn on Airplane mode, it kills the cellular connection on some of my installed apps, including this one. Resetting the network configuration back to the factory settings fixes the issue until I put it back into Airplane mode again.

Googling the issue, apparently, others have the same issue with this iOS build.

I am relived it was not my code as I was really turning my head upside down trying to figure out what was going on.

Thanks. Blessings, --Mark

Replies

I meant to say above that the cellular and data switches for the app are on for the iPhone.

When the app is on cellular only the Async call to the dataService never gets called but works fine with WIFI. This is the new problem.

Which API are you using to run your network request?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply. To answer your question, I am using try await URLSession.shared.data(from: URL), but I discovered the API call is not the problem.

I have been testing when there is no network connection, and I discovered on my iPhone 12 with 15.6.1, at least, when I turn on Airplane mode, it kills the cellular connection on some of my installed apps, including this one. Resetting the network configuration back to the factory settings fixes the issue until I put it back into Airplane mode again.

Googling the issue, apparently, others have the same issue with this iOS build.

I am relived it was not my code as I was really turning my head upside down trying to figure out what was going on.

when I turn on Airplane mode, it kills the cellular connection on some of my installed apps, including this one.

Weird.

Do you see the same behaviour in the current iOS 16 release candidate?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hi,

Still getting the same failed result on cellular. After doing some testing, Xcode reports:  [core] "Error returned from daemon: Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=7 "(null)""

Not sure why all of a sudden. I never had this happen before.

Any ideas? Thanks. Blessings, --Mark

Add a Comment