Xcode 14 - WatchKit App - Unable to install "App"

After going to the latest beta of Xcode, the following message has prevented application launch - WatchKit App - Unable to install "App," Please try again later.

Extensionless WatchKit app com.private.bundle.id.watchkitapp has a WatchKit extension.

But a newly created project runs without issue. Does any have insights into this issue for existing projects vs newly created projects under the latest Xcode 14 beta?

Anyone @Apple ?

When you say "prevented application launch," do you mean when debugging on device? Debugging in simulator? Something else? Where and how are you attempting to launch the app?

Guessing in the absence of more detail: Did you perhaps update to recommended settings to convert your project to a single-target watch app and then try to revert some of that? Clearly the system is expecting a single-target watch app, but it found an extension target/reference to WKExtension in your code.

For some weird reason - removing the info.plist for the watch app and a clean build folder fix the problem.

After the automatic conversion, the old info.plist remained. I also fixed it by removing the old info.plist, cleaning the project, restarting xcode and running the app again

I have a similar issue. I'm just trying to build a sample app however get this error:

Please try again later an Attempted to replace extension-less WatchKit app with identifier com.example.apple-samplecode.Landmarks.watchkitapp with extension-based WatchKit app

I'm on Monterey 12.7.2 (our IT organization isn't ready for anything newer) with Xcode 14.2

Xcode 14 - WatchKit App - Unable to install "App"

Q