Long boot times in Ventura Beta 4

With Beta 3 all was fine, and my Mac Studio booted in seconds. After typing in the password it would zip almost straight to the desktop and all was working fine.

I updated to Beta 4, and now I type in my password, and it takes a good 80 seconds to get to the desktop. The process stops at around 60%, 10 seconds in. Then it sits there for 70 seconds and then gets into the desktop and all is fine.

"Obviously" a login item is slowing it all down, and it wasn't before.

Things I have tried already;

• I disabled all the Login Items, including all the Background ones, and the issue is still present.
  • I tried creating a new account on the Mac Studio, but that account had the long boot issue as well.
  • When booting in Safe Mode, the issue is NOT there. It is a slow boot for sure, but it is actually faster than when I boot normally. Hence, I am sure the issue is related to a login item.
  • I disconnected all peripherals, and the long boot is still present.

As we don't really have Verbose mode anymore, I can't easily check what is causing the stop/start in the boot sequence...

Anyone?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of KillerBob Down vote post of KillerBob

Replies

In the documentation for booting macOS Ventura in Verbose mode, Apple seems to suggest this can ruin your system. Has anyone tried booting into the new version of Verbose mode, and if so how does it work?

• Same happened with me with my 2020 M1 MacBook Pro. I got a notification from my settings bugging me to get the new software update so I did. Now it takes much longer to load to the boot up screen and doesn’t even give me the option to type in my password. Slight security issue, is this just a temporary bug that will be fixed in the next beta release? I hope so, and I’ll be steering clear of beta updates in the future

Add a Comment

Installed Beta 5 this morning, and still, my boot has a 70-second stop/start at 60% after entering my password. Everything works, but something is screwing with the boot sequence.

This problem continued in Beta 6, but I found out why...

I uninstalled Bitdefender - it failed to update - to reinstall it, and when I rebooted, the Desktop came straight up after reboot. It literally takes between 7 and 10 seconds for the Desktop to show up after typing in my password.

Bitdefender...