Not working Lock Screen on iOS 16 simulator

XCode : 14.0 beta 4 (14A5284g) Simulator : iPhone 13 - 16.0 (20A5328h)

I am developing a lock screen widget. In xcode beta 3, the lock screen widget worked normally. In beta 4, the edit mode of the lock screen does not work.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Jun Sang Hyun Down vote post of Jun Sang Hyun
3.3k views

Replies

If you use an simulator that you have not used before, or erase the simulator, you will get a black background and lock screen, unable to debug the lock screen widget. I don't know why Xcode has such a serious bug, and now debugging the lock screen widget can only be real iPhone

I'm also seeing this behaviour with Xcode 14 beta 5.

I am running into the same issue. Also on Xcode 15 beta 5.

Experiencing the same issue in both Xcode 14 beta 4 and 5. The lock screen and wallpaper are black. Changing the wallpaper is not possible. Editing/customizing the lock screen is not possible, long pressing on the lock screen doesn't do anything.

I am running into the same issue. Also on Xcode 14 beta 5.

Hmm. I'm getting this, too. Do you get crashes from a process called "PosterBoard"? If I open up the Console app and look at Crash Reports, I see more than 20 of them in quick succession over a minute or so after I launch the simulator. I've reported this as a bug via the Feedback Assistant.

Still seeing this in Xcode 14 beta 6! When I long press on the lock screen in a simulator, it flashes black for a second and nothing else happens.

How am I supposed to test out lock screen widgets if the Simulator lock screen is completely broken? I've tried "Erase all content and settings" and that does not help. Has anyone found a workaround other than installing the beta on a physical device?

same problem!!!

This guy has figured out how to fix the issue: https://blog.nihongo-app.com/stop-xcode-14-beta-from-pegging-cpu/

TL;DR: copy wallpaper from iOS 15.5 simulator to iOS 16.0 one.

mv /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Library/Wallpaper /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Library/Wallpaper-original && cp -r /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS\ 15.5.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Library/Wallpaper /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Library