Is it possible to keep the arSession alive after stopping roomCaptureSession

When we finish a room scanning session it would be nice to be able to keep the arSession alive so that we can do fine-tuning without having all the overhead of room scanning. But if I call stop() and immediately start a separate WorldScanning session then the home axis will shift according to the new location and rotation of the device. Is there any way to continue the arSession and keep the same origin?

Accepted Reply

I have temporarily fixed this by saving a world map before I stop the roomScan session and then starting a new ARSession and immediately loading that world up again.

It's clumsy but it works. I get a new arSession which fairly quickly snaps to the old origin. It would be nice to be able to just turn the room scanning off and keep the same arsession. Users will not understand why there's a jump and there's a chance they will lose it.

Replies

I have temporarily fixed this by saving a world map before I stop the roomScan session and then starting a new ARSession and immediately loading that world up again.

It's clumsy but it works. I get a new arSession which fairly quickly snaps to the old origin. It would be nice to be able to just turn the room scanning off and keep the same arsession. Users will not understand why there's a jump and there's a chance they will lose it.