Can we disable bitcode for Watch targets in Xcode 13?

Xcode 14 no longer supports bitcode. The release notes say this:

Starting with Xcode 14, bitcode is no longer required for watchOS and tvOS applications, and the App Store no longer accepts bitcode submissions from Xcode 14.

Xcode no longer builds bitcode by default and generates a warning message if a project explicitly enables bitcode: “Building with bitcode is deprecated. Please update your project and/or target settings to disable bitcode.” The capability to build with bitcode will be removed in a future Xcode release. IPAs that contain bitcode will have the bitcode stripped before being submitted to the App Store. Debug symbols for past bitcode submissions remain available for download. (86118779)

However, as I understand it, Xcode 13 still requires bitcode for Apple Watch targets.

I'm trying to clean up warnings when building with Xcode 14 betas, so that we can really try it out during the beta period. However, I'm concerned that if I disable bitcode for the Apple Watch targets, it will either fail to build in Xcode 13, or it will get rejected by App Store Connect.

Is there a way to disable bitcode when building under Xcode 14 without causing problems in Xcode 13?