Trying to update a my MacOS 13 Ventura Developer Beta 1 external hard drive to Developer beta 2

Hi. I have a 2021 16 inch MacBook Pro with the M1 Max chip.

I have a external SSD that I have put MacOS 13 Ventura Developer Beta 1 on and I'm trying to update it do Beta 2 - some how it is not installing

I boot up to the external hard drive and then go to system settings, general and software update, and click on update and it, then it will ask for my Mac password then it would down and do all of the normal things after it gets downloading like restarting, then after its done it would boot back to the external hard drive and when I log back in and check the version number ddi not change and in the systems settings there is still saying there is a update.

I do have the beta profile installed. Is there some in terminal that needs to be changed? or any ideas?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ilarkin1 Down vote post of ilarkin1
1k views

Replies

I just updated to Version 13.0 Beta (22A5286j) running in a virtual machine on an M1 Mini. It too said there was an update after updating but then after it checked it said everything was up-to-date. (note: It doesn't explicitly say "Beta 2" but rather it gives the build in this case (22A5286j))

the build number still says 22A5266r for me

Some how my build number did not change it still has the r at the end not the j but after it checked for a update its not say there is a update anymore

Any ideas

Anyone have any suggestions?

Has anyone have any suggestions?

any ideas ?