DriverKit entitlement request ETA

Earlier this week, I requested a DriverKit entitlement (#801892899). Just wanted to see if there was an expected ETA on such requests.

Thank you,

Neal

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nealsid Down vote post of nealsid

Replies

In my experience, the turnaround time for these requests tends to be about 1-2 months. I don't have many data points, but anecdotally it seems to have moved closer to the 4-5 week end of the range this year.

Note that you won't always receive an email notification, so I recommend checking the "Identifiers" section of the developer account Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles web interface every now and then.

That's at https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/identifiers/list - open the App ID for your Dext and check under the "Additional Capabilities" tab. If the tab doesn't exist, you haven't been granted anything yet. Check that each of the entitlements has been granted for the platforms and deployment scenarios you're expecting, re-request anything missing, and specify the certificate types you're planning to use. In the past, I've seen many entitlements only be granted for development and App Store signing, not Developer ID, which can be a nasty surprise when you think you're about ready to ship your driver.

Thanks! I've been checking regularly, and still no luck. Worked around it with the "dk" boot flag for now, and it's just for a personal project, so it's not that big of a deal. I guess I got lucky with my first request, which was approved in a few days.