Is there a way to reset the cache of apps compiled for iPad on an M1 machine using "My Mac (Designed for iPad)"?

I am running my app with device: "My Mac (Designed for iPad)".

I am trying to debug a problem where the iPad does not seem to detect when I grant permission to receive push notifications. This issue is only reproduceable on a physical iPad, not on a simulator. I do not have an actual iPad. I am testing with the new feature which makes the M1 simulate a physical iPad (which can use the camera and microphone), and get push notifications.

I was able to reproduce the issue by running the app with the option "My Mac (Designed for iPad)". However, I cannot find the way to reset the cache of the app and completely delete it from my M1. Whenever I re-run (after cleaning Xcode and derived data directory), I do not get prompted for the notifications again and it seems to be getting the answers I replied the first time, i.e. it has push notifications accepted and the user is still signed in.

Is there a way to somehow reset the cache, delete the app from the M1 (or something else) and run the app fresh whenever I want?

By the way, I am using XCode 13.3 MacOS 12.2

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Hi @murillotomoas_euda, Have you found a solution for this? I am running into the same issue where the cache is not clearing.

To clear the cache, delete this folder:

~/Library/Containers/{CFBundleName}

To delete the app, right-click on the app icon when the app is launched, select Options->Show in Finder. Delete the highlighted .app file.

I'm having the same issue. I used to be able to "delete the app from holding the application icon" but ever since my xcode and mac OS has been updated I can only run the app from xcode over and over again without being able to see if it appear in my applications folder. So all that historical saved app data is still present. Any ideas...?

no Acceptability to any laptop’s- no solution from IPhone directly- remove all data -normal id