Numeric Keyboard

I use an old USB keyboard. After the last system update (Monterey 12.4) the number keys no longer work. Are these keys no longer supported?

Accepted Reply

I found the problem. Yesterday when entering an accent, á, I inadvertently turned on Mouse Keys which reassigns the numeric keyboard.

Replies

Curious to know what you mean by "old" USB keyboard. I am using the Bondi blue keyboard from ye olden days of the iMacs and have had no issues thus far. You might try unplugging and replugging, restarting (all the normal jazz).

• I'm using older (10-15yr) Apple keyboards. I swapped out the keyboard with another with no change. My system is: iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021). Testing in XCode, the 10 number keys and the decimal point no longer generate Keyboard NSEvents. All the other keys( + - * = etc) on the numeric keypad side work normally. Curiously, the 5 key on the number pad generates a mouseUp event.

Add a Comment

I found the problem. Yesterday when entering an accent, á, I inadvertently turned on Mouse Keys which reassigns the numeric keyboard.