Apple Pay not allowed in my app, while other similar apps have it

Recently I addd Apple Pay in my app after seeing that other similar apps have it. They rejected my app. Others apps allow users to purchase credit through Apple Pay which they use to send message. My also does the same.

Why does Apple have double standard with similar apps?

Rejection reason "Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase"

Replies

What are you doing exactly with ApplePay ?

What is the complete rejection message ?

Note that seeing other similar apps which should be authorized is never an argument for review. And consider that there are probably some information you ignore on the other app. Tha's not a double standard question.

• I've added Apple Pay which users can use to buy credit and use it to connect with experts to get advices. We don't earn money from this credit purchase. Advisors pay us commission to use the platform. Other apps where they have allowed Apple Pay offer exact same features. Below is the rejection message.

Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase

In-app purchase gives developers the flexibility to support a variety of business models in their apps. However, your app unlocks or enables additional functionality with mechanisms other than the App Store, which is not appropriate under App Store Review Guideline 3.1.1.

Specifically, your app uses Apple Pay to unlock or enable Credits.

Next Steps

It would be appropriate to remove these features from your app and any other feature that unlocks or enables functionality with mechanisms other than the App Store. 

You may also consider making this unlocked content available to your users as in-app purchases.

Resources

Learn more about our policies for apps that offer paid digital content and services in App Store Review Guidelines 3.1.1 and 3.1.3.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

• If I remember there has been some tolerancy from Apple during past years for this kind of out App Store IAP to help small companies during Covid confinement. That may why you see other apps authorised and your app is refused. Currently Apple will authorised extra app purchase if you also have IAP (At least it was like this before).

• Oh yes, I do have IAP. I wanted to add additional payment options. I don't think it has anything to do with helping small companies. It has to do with person reviewing the app who probably doesn't understand what app does. As far as I understand if app is a marketplace then it can have other payment options as per Apple's guidelines.

Add a Comment