Testflight font problem

I have an App in TestFlight that looks wrong because the fonts are too large. The problem shows up only on one tester's iPhone 13 Pro. If I look at the app in the Simulator, it looks as it should. The App in an earlier version looks fine on the user's phone downloaded from the App store. The App also looks fine for a TestFlight user using an iPhone 12. On the problem phone, the font, Avenir Next Condensed, works fine, but it is just too large, so a text heading becomes garbled. Any ideas would be appreciated. https://www.bserg.org/Screen%20Shot%202022-03-24%20at%209.29.32%20AM.png TestFlight on left, Simulator on right.

Replies

Have you checked with use he/she has not changed settings for accessibility ?

• Your suggestion is interesting. I checked the accessibility settings and found that nothing had been changed from the defaults. The Larger Text setting under Accessibility was Off with the radio button not showing as a result. However, inspection the sign-in page and a comparison with an iPhone 12 made it apparent that the font size in use is larger on the iPhone 13 Pro in question. So I think you are correct in your suggestion as to the source of the issue with the App being derived from an overall phone setting, but I don't know where that is coming from. Again, things are fine in the iPhone 13 Pro simulator.

Thanks very much for the pointer. I'm an hour from the nearest iPhone store, and don't have access to another iPhone Pro, but I now figure I know where to start tracking the issue down, and I hope it isn't with my App, but rather is an issue with this particular iPhone.

Add a Comment

In addition to accessibility settings, note there’s a global Display Zoom toggle in the Display & Brightness settings (on device) and in the Developer settings (on simulator).

I am experiencing this too, but I am using Flutter / Google fonts package from pub.dev, so not a native codebase. No accessibility settings enabled on my phone. VERY sizable differences between the fonts based on iPhone 12 mini on simulator vs. on TestFlight downloaded on my ACTUAL 12 mini (with no settings). Didn't show up using flutter run --release, so this might be something that happens in the .ipa / binary creation?