Complication experiencing odd behaviour for only one user

I have one user that is getting some very odd behavior for one of my complications.

The complication will work fine for a little bit, but then gets into a state where when the watch is asleep it is displaying correctly and then when the watch wakes up it's the default dashed out view with the app name.

This is happening on a Watch Series 5 with cellular that is on the latest WatchOS (8.5). It was also happening on 8.4.2.

All of the other complication types work perfectly fine on their watch. It is just this specific one, which other than the way the view is laid out is no different than the others under the hood. They all share the same data.

The problem complication uses CLKComplicationTemplateGraphicRectangularFullView and the only thing I can think of is that maybe there is an issue with support on the Series 5. Though I have no evidence to support this theory since there isn't any helpful log messages.

Testers on Series 6 and Series 7 report zero problems with this complication.

I have added in a special view for when this complication fails for whatever reason, at least whatever reason I can capture and it is never displayed. It just shows the generic Apple dashed out view. So it seems something else is going wrong under the hood.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

After the user restarted their watch that one seems to be working fine. Now they are having an issue with a different complication that was working before.

When WatchOS kills the complication for taking too much CPU time, how long before it is able to "update" again? Not sure that is what is happening since these are very simple complications that share the same data so it's very odd that 4 of them work fine on the same watch face, yet one seems to always have an issue for them.

They are the only user with the issue currently.

Complication experiencing odd behaviour for only one user

Q