URLSession sometimes return error -1003

Hi, I have an app on the AppStore, but a few times, I get reports from users that he gets -1003 "Could not find a server with the specified hostname" on a 4G network. I tested on my iphone app and the problem is normal.

Knowing that -1003 doesn't happen to all users, maybe there is some setting on the phone that is causing this? Or is there a way to help the user to fix it (reboot or Wifi)?

If anyone knows the problem please let me know, thanks.

Accepted Reply

This is NSURLErrorCannotFindHost, which is a very general error. It’s hard to say what’s going on without taking an in-depth look at the network conditions on the device itself. If you are able to reproduce it yourself then an RVI packet trace should give you some insight into the issue. If you’re only seeing this coming in from users in the field, you should ask them to send you a sysdiagnose log and you can investigate from there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

This is NSURLErrorCannotFindHost, which is a very general error. It’s hard to say what’s going on without taking an in-depth look at the network conditions on the device itself. If you are able to reproduce it yourself then an RVI packet trace should give you some insight into the issue. If you’re only seeing this coming in from users in the field, you should ask them to send you a sysdiagnose log and you can investigate from there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"