iPad Home Screen Web App no keyboard

I'm seeing an issue with a PWA when added to the home screen. The Keyboard will eventually stop opening. when clicking on an input field.

this happens with bmw.com, instagram.com. Once it happens on one PWA, all PWA's are effected.

Is this a known issue?

After testing more. looks like they keyboard is being displayed "Off Screen" was able to see a corner of the keyboard once. not able to reproduce showing a small amount of keyboard https://i.imgur.com/ogsH4Vs.jpg

Seems to me that there is a bug currently regarding PWAs

You can actually reproduce it with 2 PWAs

Open PWA 1 and click on a textfield, keep the keyboard open

Open PWA 2 and also click on a textfield

The keyboard should now be broken/invisible except the upper bar (on iPad it seems to be completely invisible)

Same problem here, so you're not alone. Hoping to hear more on here

Accepted Answer

Appears to be resolved with iOS/iPadOS 15.4

And apparently it's back in 15.5 :(

Have the same problem with 15.5, keyboard just doesn't show up.

I cannot login to my PWA.

Same problem for me. It is really annoying. All I can do is type my text in Notes and copy/paste or scan text.

Still an issue for my PWAs. I hope this gets fixed soon.

It seems to be fixed since today.

Edit: It seems to still be broken, but it works if I open an installed PWA, then open Safari and then go back to the installed PWA. If I close Safari and restart the PWA, it will be broken again.

This is definitely not fixed, and frankly, it's annoying that a problem so easily reproducible is neither acknowledged nor worked on (as far as the public can see).

I really wish this were a higher priority. It doesn't "just work" anymore.

Since yesterday it seems to be working again on my iPhone X and iPad Air running iOS 15.6. Can anybody confirm that it has been patched or something?

My client is organizing a trading floor event in October and there will be a lot of people that are using a standalone PWA to trade. The only stable workaround so far was to use Safari instead of the installed PWA, but it is definitely not great having to communicate this to everybody.

hi, we confirmed that 15.5 have this issue but we don't know exact reproduce steps of this issue. does anyone confirm it was fixed in 15.6? does anyone try with ios16 beta?

In my iPadOS 15.6 I still have the same issue. In my PWA app i can clik on text field but keyboard won't show up. But on my iPhone 12 Pro works fine - as expected.

This is super annoying and makes many of the web applications unusable. This problem still exists on both my iPad Mini 6 and iPad Pro running iPadOS 15.6. The only way to make the keyboard appears again is to restart the iPad.

It has already been 6 months and is still not being fixed.

Can anyone from the Apple team respond to this thread? I've been waiting on any reaction for literal months now and have to communicate to my client soon whether his clients will have to use the app in Safari or whether an update is scheduled that fixes these issues so that they can use the installed PWA.

iPad Home Screen Web App no keyboard

Q