Moving App to Background and Pulling it Back to the Foreground

How we can move the app to foreground when is on background? Could you guys show an example or documentation. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Reply

There are two different tasks here:

• Moving from the background to the foreground

• Moving from the foreground to the background

With regards the first, there’s no direct way to do this. The standard technique is to post a notification so that, when the user taps on that, the system brings your app to the front.

With regards the second, there’s no direct way to do this either, but there is one facility that I wanted to call out. If your app is in the foreground and opens a URL, the system will bring the target app to the foreground which send yours to the background.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

There are two different tasks here:

• Moving from the background to the foreground

• Moving from the foreground to the background

With regards the first, there’s no direct way to do this. The standard technique is to post a notification so that, when the user taps on that, the system brings your app to the front.

With regards the second, there’s no direct way to do this either, but there is one facility that I wanted to call out. If your app is in the foreground and opens a URL, the system will bring the target app to the foreground which send yours to the background.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thank you for your time and send me the answer.