How to get Xcode to support iOS 12.5.5 devices

Hello,

I have several devices that are maxed at iOS 12.5.5. After recently upgrading Xcode to 13.2.1, I get an error saying "Failed to prepare device for development. This operation can fall if the version of the OS on the devices is incompatible with the installed version of Xcode."

I have tried multiple "fixes", including restoring devices and restarting mac. I opened the Xcode application package and went to contents/developer/platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport and found there is NO 12.5 folder. It jumps from 12.4 to 13.0. In another post, someone suggested renaming the 12.4 folder to 12.5...I tried that, no luck. I even duplicated the 12.4 folder and renamed copy to 12.5...still no luck.

Any help??? Thank you!

Replies

Did you try to lower app’s deployment target to 12.5 ? (in Project / TARGETS / Deployment info) ?

Hello Claude31,

Actually it's currently set to 11.0. And...I even tried just opening Xcode without a project open. Then went to Device and Simulators and connected my 12.5.5 devices...all got the same error. I don't believe it's specific to any app...its an Xcode/macOS thing. Xcode simply doesn't have the 12.5 developers disk image and I have no idea how to get it.

Anyone managed to get it working?