what is the equivalent for _:layout:sizeForItemAt: in compositional layout ?

for example. I want to create 100 items (rows). each item(row) will have 100% width and height for ((i+1)*10) :

item-row 0 = height 10.
item-row 1 = height 20.
item-row 2 = height 30

this is just for testing purpose, but i will have real fixed heights before loading the collection view.

with flow layout I used _:layout:sizeForItemAt: and got set the size from my model-entities

how can i achieve this with compositional layout ? I don't want to use Self size cell or/and auto layout. just continue to set the height my self, but enjoy the other benefits of the compositional layout.

i will use it on appkit and uikit.

thanks.

Replies

short answer : NSCollectionLayoutGroup customGroupWithLayoutSize

then, inside the block we need to return -ALL- items frames any time the system ask for us.

next code will create custom group, centered, each row is height for ((i+1)*10) // just for testing and learning

NSCollectionLayoutGroup * group = [NSCollectionLayoutGroup customGroupWithLayoutSize:groupSize itemProvider:^NSArray<NSCollectionLayoutGroupCustomItem *> * _Nonnull(id<NSCollectionLayoutEnvironment>  _Nonnull layoutEnvironment) {

NSMutableArray<NSCollectionLayoutGroupCustomItem*>* customItems = [@[]mutableCopy];

CGFloat x=0, y=0;

CGFloat height;

CGFloat horizontal_edge_space = ceil((layoutEnvironment.container.contentSize.width-300) / 2);

for(int i =0; i<100 ; i++)

{

height = (i+1) * 10;

NSCollectionLayoutGroupCustomItem * customItem =[NSCollectionLayoutGroupCustomItem customItemWithFrame:CGRectMake(horizontal_edge_space,y,300,height)];

[customItems addObject:customItem];

y=y+height;

}

return [customItems copy];

}];