StoreKit 2: does Transaction.currentEntitlements provide transactions for .inGracePeriod subscriptions?

When we request the current entitlements for a user using the Transaction.currentEntitlements static method, does StoreKit provide transactions for subscriptions with a Product.SubscriptionInfo.RenewalState set to .inGracePeriod or only .subscribed?

I'm asking because as a developer we need to give access to content to a user if its subscription is in .inGracePeriod. So in my opinion, the user is still entitled to this subscription.

I've not found any information in the documentation, WWDC videos or Apple sample codes. The documentation explains

The latest transaction for each active auto-renewable subscription

Is .inGracePeriod considered an active subscription?

Replies

if Billing Grace Period is enabled then it should have service rendered until grace period expires date. This status should be reflected in SK2 and the status from App Store Server API Subscription Status. If not, please file FeedbackAssistant.Apple.com

• So if grace period is enabled, Transaction.currentEntitlements includes the subscription in grace period, correct?

Is there a way to test that in a testing environment (Xcode or Sandbox) or is it only possible to know in the production environment (hard to test if we need to put our App Store account in a grace period state)?

Add a Comment