Base.lproj not being copied into bundle

Since upgrading to Xcode 13.2, we are not getting the Base.lproj files (including Main.storyboardc) copied into our macOS output app bundles. The storyboard files are getting compiled in our intermediate build directory, but they are not being included in the final bundle (even though they are in the "Copy Bundle Resources" build phase).

Is this something that has changed in 13.2? Is there something we need to update in our xcodeproj files to get working?

Replies

Rolling back to Xcode 13.1 fixes the issue. The issue exists in both Xcode 13.2 and 13.2.1

To note - this happens with both the appstore version of xcode as well as the version downloaded from developer.apple.com. The only known workaround now is to install version 13.1

I have logged a bug as FB9815906 with an example project which shows this behavior.

• What happens when you have a second language other than the default base. I would assume the resources are copied out of based and compiled directly into the final binary seeing it is only one language. Now if you had multiple language resources this should copy the binary copy of base plus the other language resource lproj types.

Add a Comment

I tested on a MacApp that I compile on Xcode 13.2.1.

Opening in Finder (right-click on app icon in dock and selecting options > show in Finder, I get:

Then opening the `Simple MacOS test' package, I get:

Base.lproj is present.

So, does not seem to be Xcode 13.2.1 issue.

Did you try a Clean Build folder ?