Today Widgets (old widgets) disappear after EVERY app update.

We had "Today widgets" that worked perfect for a long time. After introducing the new Widgets Extension we added a Widgets Bundle to our app. Now after every app update the old widgets disappear from "Today view" and can be bring back ONLY by rebooting the iPhone. Sometime when they disappear, in today view appears the first widget from the Widgets Bundle. I've tested other apps too and it happens every time to apps that support old and new widgets (Xiaomi Home app for example). Does anyone have a clue how to fix that?

To everyone, who is also struggling with this issue - I'm glad to inform you that building with the new Xcode 14.0 beta version seems to fix the issue, but introduces some new ones:

• The widgets doesn't disappear anymore! They do disappear during the installation(which is normal), but appears again after the install completes.
  • Sometimes the today widgets displays "Unable to Load" after update.
  • The widgets built with the WidgetKit (the iOS 14+ widgets) shows only white (or black, depending on the device theme) on the screen after the update. Tapping on them opens the app, but the deep linking doesn't work. It looks like the widgets are gone. You can't add new one. The worst is phone reboot doesn't fix this bug. The only fix I've found so far is downgrading to version built with Xcode 13. Overall I can't run WidgetKit widget on iOS 15 iPhone. On iOS 16 simulator it works fine.

Tested on iOS 15.4.1. Build uploaded to TestFlight with Xcode 14.0 beta.

Now let's hope Apple will get it in order until the official Xcode version.

Today Widgets (old widgets) disappear after EVERY app update.

Q