mapped file has no team id and is not a platform binary (signed with custom identity or adhoc?

App is crashing on launch. I am facing this issue since I updated my macOS to Big sur and xcode 13.1

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY Termination Reason: DYLD; [1] Library not loaded: @rpath/CouchbaseLiteSwift.framework/CouchbaseLiteSwift Referenced from: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/5002B4AE-3349-40DA-B021-B6288B42039C/mobentios.app/mobentios Reason: tried: '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/5002B4AE-3349-40DA-B021-B6288B42039C/mobentios.app/Frameworks/CouchbaseLiteSwift.framework/CouchbaseLiteSwift' (code signature in '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/5002B4AE-3349-40DA-B021-B6288B42039C/mobentios.app/Frameworks/CouchbaseLiteSwift.framework/CouchbaseLiteSwift' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no Team ID and is not a platform binary (signed with custom identity or adhoc?)), '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/5002B4AE-3349-40DA-B021-B6288B42039C/mobentios.app/Frameworks/CouchbaseLiteSwift.framework/CouchbaseLiteSwift' (code signature in '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/5002B4AE-3349-40DA-B021-B6288B42039C/mobentios.app/Fram

If you have library validation enabled — and in the vast majority of cases you should — the system will only let your process load code that was signed by you or signed by Apple. This message indicates that your app tried to load the CouchbaseLiteSwift framework and that framework doesn’t meet those requirements.

The posted screen shots shows how your app is signed, but that’s not the issue here. Rather, you need to see how the CouchbaseLiteSwift framework was signed. How was that framework built? Is this a binary framework that you got from a vendor? Or something you built yourself? Or something built by a package manager?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for your response. CouchbaseLiteSwift framework  comes from CocoaPods when we run pod install in our workspace. The issue happens only on a particular mac mini which is being used by our jenkins jobs. The same app works fine if I build it on my mac book which has same certs.

Hmmm. It seems that this specific build setup is failing to sign the CouchbaseLiteSwift framework correctly. Unfortunately that’s not something I can help you with because DTS doesn’t maintain expertise in third-party CI and build systems. I recommend that you escalate this via the support channel for the third-party tools you’re using.

Share and Enjoy

Just had this problem and it happened after I had Xcode apply recommended changes to the project. It changed the settings for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY to "-" from what it was. I changed it to "Apple Developer" at the project level and cleared it at the target levels so they would all use the same setting. Then I cleaned and rebuilt. I was able to launch the app after that.

I've found that recently instead of having iOS Developer and Mac Developer there is now an Apple Developer option which seems to apply to all supported platforms. I expect this is the right option to use going forward.

I can’t speak to the third-party tooling side of this but I can comment on this:

there is now an Apple Developer option which seems to apply to all supported platforms. I expect this is the right option to use going forward.

Absolutely. The platform-specific development signing identities are now just a legacy thing [1].

Share and Enjoy

[1] They’re needed if you use Xcode 10 and earlier. Given that we’re currently seeding Xcode 14 beta, so it’s been 3-4 years since this change, most folks no longer need them.

mapped file has no team id and is not a platform binary (signed with custom identity or adhoc?

Q