tvOS App Icon Errors

I made a minor change the UI of my tvOS App, and am now getting errors related to the App Icon. I have confirmed that all the background images DO match the requirements but App Store Connect won't let me upload:

App Store Connect Operation Error
Invalid Image Asset. The image stack 'App Icon' in 'Payload/My TV.app/Assets.car' has a background layer image that does not match the canvas dimensions '400x240'.

Invalid Image Asset. The image stack 'App Icon' in 'Payload/My TV.app/Assets.car' has a background layer image that does not match the canvas dimensions '800x480'.

Invalid Image Asset. The image stack 'App Icon' in 'Payload/My TV.app/Assets.car' has a background layer image that does not match the canvas dimensions '1280x768'.

Invalid Image Asset. The image stack 'App Icon' in 'Payload/My TV.app/Assets.car' has a background layer image that does not match the canvas dimensions '2560x1536'.

Invalid Image Asset. The App Store Icon must only contain an image with size (1280pt × 768pt @1x). Refer to https://developer.apple.com/tvos/human-interface-guidelines/icons-and-images/app-icon for more information

Have the standards changed? Or is there another issue I should be looking at? Thanks!

Replies

Note, I have confirmed that all of background layers do not have an Alpha Channel, and are of the appropriate sizes.

hey @Michaelrowe01 did you manage to solve this error? I'm also trying to upload a tv os app and getting Invalid Image Asset. The image stack 'App Icon' in 'Payload/My TV.app/Assets.car' has a background layer image that does not match the canvas dimensions '800x480'.

• Hi @ovidium , did you set the 2x App Icon pngs to be 800x480? That's usually the reason for this error

Add a Comment