Outlook search not works in Monterey

I have a new MBP M1, with fresh Monterey. I moved my data with the assistant from the old MBP, I have all the letters in Outlook (v15.46), but search in Outlook not works, it gives a "No results found" message in all folders. Old methods for reindex Spotlight is not working (eg. add and remove Main Profile to Spotlight). How can I solve this problem? Thanks

Post marked as downvoted Up vote post of moroczi Down vote post of moroczi
68k views
  • Same issue on Mac Book Pro 14 on Monterey. Outlook shows no search results. Tried following steps:

Deleting/Adding exchange accountInstalling Outlook againAdding and removing Outlook Profile from Spotlight privacy tab per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/outlook-for-mac/useful-tools
  • Same issue here. I setup my new 16" MBP M1 Max using target mode a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Setup another user using the same method and his indexing didn't work. Had to set the machine up from scratch for it to start working properly. We both ran the update today and now we're getting "No results". I did all of the suggestions from Microsoft and none of them work.

• Im on the latest 12.1 Monterey and the latest version of Outlook V 16.56 (21121100) and my search has stopped working also as well as my smart folder which is supposed to show my flagged emails but now shows "No results"

Replies

I got the information from the Microsoft support that they are aware of this issue and working with Apple on it. More information will be published on this website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/search-in-outlook-for-mac-returns-no-results-after-installing-macos-monterey-12-1-075c5f09-35db-4205-aba3-eea2f168c71b

"STATUS: INVESTIGATING" - I hope they will find a solution soon.

• Just spoke to MS and they have no clue - firstly said that they didn't support the M1 then said it wasn't known about and when I sent them this link they went quiet. COMPLETELY USELESS ... almost as bad as NEW OUTLOOK - what the hell is that all about :-(

• Hi, thanks for pointing us to this Microsoft Article. At least it proves Microsoft recognized there is an issue here. Although I can technically switch to the new outlook, when I need to search an email, this is cumbersome, plus the new display makes me less efficient in this new outlook than the previous one. I tend to no see new emails in conversations for some reason. Also, the new Outlook does not work with automation yet and therefore cannot be used with Hook to create links to an email... Breaks my workflow...

• This is not at all a new problem. Exactly same issue has been going on since Big Sur with all of the same supposed work arounds which seem to work for some people but definitely not me. I have been using Spark as a kind of backup--I don't like the interface as much but at least I can search for emails/people/subjects. Oh and while we are on it, why did Microsoft remove ability to create groups in Outlook?

Add a Comment

Same issue please help!!

Not true with 12.1 still doesn’t work. Hi

Microsoft confirmed this issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/search-in-outlook-for-mac-returns-no-results-after-installing-macos-monterey-12-1-075c5f09-35db-4205-aba3-eea2f168c71b

I use IMAP beside office365, icloud, ..... You can not converter it automatically. but you can re-add the IMAP account after you switched to the new outlook .

• Do you have a link that explains how to do this with gmail by any chance? I've tried and it doesn't work for some reason.

Add a Comment

Same Problem here... iMac 2017, Mac Mini M1... Reinstalled multiple times, tried different accounts... Wiped clean the system and only installed outlook... after 2 successes it stopped searching...

We need an answer ASAP....

This issue its ruining my business, we depend on Outlooks pop folders and searches. How it this posible, with all the beta programs, that Apple could not avoid this kind of errors. You guys are ruining the one of the most used apps for business.

Please we really need to solve this. Microsoft claim that this error will have to be solve by Apple.

Out of desperation I've resorted to this: I use the Outlook app on my iPhone to do the search. It will return a list of search results that includes the message date and Outlook folder where the message is stored. Not great, but at least I can get to the neighborhood of the message I'm looking for.

Monterey 12.1 - In addition to outlook search broken, Filter in outlook is also broken. Any filter returns blank.

I experience the same, and I think it's the MacOS and not Outlook causing the problem, because it stopped responding to my searches the same day I installed Monterey, October 25th 2021. I have tried "everything", including reinstalling Monterey (12.1) without a positive result. I have to use Mail in parallel to search in my 37.000 mails in one of several inboxes and 2.500 contact records. I hope Mac developers take this seriously now!!

• I also believe it s Monterey 12.1 that broke outlook and not Microsoft, because everything was fine in Monterey 12.0.1 and this issue happened to me right after upgrading to 12.1

Add a Comment

MS and Apple still on Christmas holidays... No chance in switching to new outlook version, it supports "only" Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, Outlook.com, Google, iCloud, Yahoo, POP or IMAP account. Useless if you have your Exchange on prem. Getting really angry with this situation, after 10 days still in the clue...

Just switch to "New Outlook" and your search will be back to normal.

• Doesn’t work for IMAP users

• Nor on computer folders or most exchange emails so it may be New but it’s half baked !

Add a Comment

I had the same issue on my macBook Pro 14" M1 (12.1 update). Reindexing (add/remove profile to spotlight privacy) resolved issue "no results" in outlook search.

Search stopped working on my Outlook 365 client on my M1 Mini when I upgraded to Monterey. I followed the procedure here, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/outlook-for-mac/useful-tools, using the procedure for Catalina and deleted all of my Outlook profiles and built a new one. That solved the problem.

• How long afterwards did you try searching , in some instances when I rebuilt the spotlight search results appeared for a while then it stopped working.

• This did not work for me

• I spoke too soon! Search worked for a few hours, maybe, but by the end of the day it no longer worked.

Add a Comment

It hasn't worked for me since macOS Monterey update - I am running Monterey 12.1 with latest updates for Outlook for Mac - search not working at all VERY frustrating