15.2 App Privacy Report developer message

Hello I've just installed the 15.2 beta developer beta and had a look at the new App Privacy Report feature. I can see the domains being contacted by my app coming through as expected. However, there is also a message there that I don't understand:

"This app hasn't been updated by the developer to show which domains were contacted by websites or other content viewed in the app."

Does anyone know what this is referring to? I'd like to update the app to support this, but I don't really understand this message or what action is expected.

Thanks

Updated to add: I have tested visiting a website in the in-app browser and it does appear in the Privacy Report in a separate section titled "Websites Visited In App". The above message is still present, however.

Replies

Have you added attribution to your network connections? For info on how to do this, see Indicating the Source of Network Activity.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for the reply. I have not, but I'm not sure I understand how those two things could be connected - based on the wording of the message, at least.

According to the documentation for the attribution of network connections, by doing nothing, "all network connections are classified as app-initiated". This is inline with what I'm seeing - there is no visible differentiation between user and app-initiated network activity, and I do see websites that I visit in the in-app browser listed in the report, for example.

But the message I'm seeing in Privacy Report suggests that I (as a developer) need to take some action for the report to show any domains contacted by websites or other content viewed in the app. From what I can see, these domains are all currently visible in the report, there is just no differentiation between app or user initiated requests.

Do you know for a fact that by adding network attribution, this message will go away? I am not finding the documentation on this subject clear enough, unless I am missing something...

• I'm also seeing the same message and am confused by the wording - the message makes it seem like no domains are shown, yet I'm able to see a big list of domains that are contacted by the app.

• Hi just following up on this, did you end up finding a solution ?

Add a Comment