Ambiguous layout warnings after Xcode 13.0 upgrade

Hi.

My 2 years old project shows ambiguous layout warnings after installing Xcode 13.0. The warnings are basically nuisance (layout shows correctly in the app). All the warnings refer to constraints of objects inside a tableview. The warnings start only after cell 16 downwards (distributed across 4 sections, S1: 2 cells, S2: 2 cells, S3: 1 cells, S4: 12 cells, ...).

Hence my idea, if there is any limit to the number of cells Xcode 13.0 can handle? Previous Xcode didn't have any (!) issues regarding this portion of the layout.

The screenshots just show an example of such a nuisance warning.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Replies

Have you more details when you go into the details :

• in storyboard, you should see a yellow sign in front of the VC
  • click on this disclosure button
  • What do you get ?

I often experience such nuisance warnings. At the end, I decided to ignore if thorough testing proves they have no impact.

You could file a bug report.

I don't see a yellow sign in front of the VC, but but a red arrow at the right side of the VC. When I select it, I see the list of all the errors. I take the first one in the list from the top, which belongs to cell 16 (numbered from top to bottom). It says "Missing constraints". So I select "Add missing constraints" and all of a sudden, 6 of 10 warnings are gone. Checking which contraints were added, I see that nothing (!) changed to my constraints. Hence Xcode didn't change anything, but decided to cancel 6 warnings.

Besides this, please look at my example above (the Reset settings button). This one is pretty simple and there is virtually no room for mistakes (= wrong/bad constraints set by user).

Ignoring warnings was what I did until now, but that's at the very best a workaround, no solution. I'd like to find the reason for these warnings.