Getting PNG images from PHPicker currently broken in 15.1 beta

• Thanks for the heads up. The bug is still present in iOS 15.1 beta 4. Any idea for a workaround?

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

Replies

This bug isn't fixed in the 15.1 RC, and there doesn't seem to be a workaround. This breaks essential functionality in my app. Oof. I don't look forward to the upcoming support requests and angry customer reviews in the App Store.

Yes, it is really unfortunate that it looks like this bug is going to ship in 15.1.

I just confirmed that it is possible to work around this by getting the corresponding PHAsset via the assetIdentifier and then using the PHAssetResourceManager to request the PNG image data. Of course this requires asking for read access permission to the photo library, and dealing with all the complexities that come along with that.

Thanks for the feedback. We have received FB9665280 and we will share updates through FB9665280 in the future.

• I have filed a bug report for the same issue a week ago (FB9700991). Could you please share the updates there as well or make the information publicly available here? Right now I'm recommending all users to not update to iOS 15.1 / deactivate automatic system updates. A workaround or ETA for a bug fix would be highly appreciated.

Add a Comment

Thank you for acknowledging the issue. I assume at this point it is a given though that this bug will ship in 15.1 to the public on Monday, right?

It looks like this issue is fixed in iOS 15.2 beta 2.